All International students should note that only School Certificates or confirmation from the relevant Examination Authority stating that certificates will be issued during the first year of study, will be accepted.

Study Permit Requirements

According to the Immigration Control Act of 19 August 1993, all International students (SADC and Non-SADC) should be in possession of a valid approved Study Permit and Visa before entering any institution for the purpose of studying.

Only persons with permanent Namibian Residence, Refugees or Asylum Seekers and Diplomatic representatives are exempted from applying for a Study Permit and Visa. The mentioned categories are exempted on condition that they provide the relevant documentation (i.e. Permanent Residence Permit, approved and endorsed Refugee / Political Asylum Seekers status, a Courtesy Visa which confirms diplomatic status).

Study Permits will be issued based on one year duration of study. No change of conditions will be allowed once the Study Permit is approved for a specific programme. International students will not be allowed to register without meeting the above mentioned conditions. International students who fail to adhere to these rules may be deported and charged accordingly.

How to Apply For a Study Permit

Students must not pay Study Permit’s fees into the University’s account. Students should visit the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration-Namibia-Website to download the application forms for study permit and to access other information and to follow directions as provided.

Returning students should ensure that they renew their study permits before the endorsed study permit expires. Failure to do that, the University will de-register the student.

Registration of International Students

Upon registration students need to submit the following:

  • Provisional admission letter from SPC OR results from previous year for returning students;
  • Valid Passport;  
  • Proof of visitors entry visa for registration purposes;
  • Proof of Medical Insurance;
  • Proof of Residence in Namibia (Lease Agreement);
  • Proof of Payment/ financial means to sustain yourself;
  • Police Clearance Certificate (from country of origin);
  • Medical and Radiology Reports (from country of origin)
  • High school results from home country.

The Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration will expect all provisionally admitted students to submit a Letter of Provisional/ Conditional Admission at any Point of Entry and whenever required.